We are looking for special individuals who have a genuine desire to work with people who live with dementia.
Angmering Household is one of our five households at Haviland House who look after people in the earlier stages of their dementia journey who need support and encouragement to ‘live life to the full’. The Household will be fully embarking on becoming a recognised Butterfly Household in 2019 – so it is an exciting time to be joining the team.
Our approach to looking after our ‘family members’ is unique as it is person centered and requires a very special set of skills.
Successful candidates will be:
– Able to form firm relationships with our family members whilst maintaining professional boundaries.
– Passionate about high standards of personal care upholding dignity and respect at all times.
– Able to work well within a small supportive team and use initiative and spontaneity to ‘change the moment’ for everyone living on the household.
– Patient, understanding, compassionate, empathetic and able to ‘change the moment’ in a difficult situation.
– Willing to wear silly hats, sing out of tune and have a laugh and a joke.
Someone who has the ability to give great hugs and make people smile!
You must be 18 or over to apply.
Salary: £8.09 – £9.08 per hour dependent upon experience and shifts worked.
Shifts: Preferably full-time 36/42 hours per week.
Please visit our website for the full job description.